Monday, April 21, 2014

A Trio of Instamatics!

Happy Monday, everyone! To counteract "Monday malaise", I am sharing some fun vintage Instamatic pictures.

This first one is my favorite of the bunch, it's a very nice shot of the Frontierland Shooting Gallery. A Frontierland without guns is like a day without sunshine. Looks like most of the guns are in use, as far as I can tell it's all males. Women are much too civilized! I know that I always enjoyed the challenge of trying to hit those moving targets; and I especially loved the targets that triggered some sort of animation, such a skunks getting ready to spray.


This one was in bad shape, scratched and dirty; I spent a lot of time (too much, maybe) trying to get it into usable shape, and it looks OK, if a little weird. But I can't resist a mid-1960's view of the Autopia (can anybody tell if this is the Fantasyland Autopia or the Tomorrowland version?). Look at all of those cool little cars! It must have been a slow day, with so many miniature autos not in use.


And finally… nothing too exciting, though I am always happy to see Cascade Peak. The Mine Train was just passing by, and I'm sure Mr. X could feel the cool spray of mist on his face. Imagine the roar of the tumbling water, and you're practically there!


5 comments:

K. Martinez said...

That's Fantasyland Autopia in the 2nd pic. Beyond the rails would be the Motor Boat Cruise waterways.

I agree about the 1st pic. It's a gem and one of my favorite areas of Frontierland. Nice set today. Thanks, Major.

Melissa said...

At first I thought the second picture was just the parking lot, because of those beautiful scale-model light poles.

Then I saw the big guy in the little car and realized it was either my Dad in his MGB convertible or a shot of the Autopia.

These are all great, and your work on the first picture is seamless; I can;t see where it's been retouched at all.

Tom said...

That first shot is a beauty, a real keeper.

And that's a great angle looking up the falls on Cascade Peak.

Melissa said...

As long as you're enhancing a picture, you might as well throw in a few babushkas.

Nancy said...

Beautiful colors in the first shot...loving the sunny day!!

Thanks, Major :-)