Saturday, December 11, 2010

Stormy Saturday

If I was a kid walking around Disneyland, and I saw this Mad Hatter heading right for me, I would head for ze hills. That gigantic head, the protruding tongue, and that crazy look in his eyes. I know, he supposed to be crazy, but that doesn't make it any less scary. Besides, he's blocking my view of Alice, who I would actually like to see.


Ooo, sorry, I lightened this one up just a bit too much (they look OK until I convert them to jpegs, for some reason - not that you care!). Vesey Walker and the Band are making a beeline for the Mark Twain, which is officially part of their turf. You'd better get out of their way if you know what's good for you.

5 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

Pendleton Woolen Mills looks startlingly real there! And doesn't Vesey have the distinct pride in his stride of someone who is wearing a new - yes, dare we suspect even virgin wool - jacket. Hm, perhaps this records a special occasion that morning: The Semi-Annual Grand Promenade on Occasion of the Purchase of the Grand Leader Uniform for the Disneyland Band, being from Pendleton, Purveyors of Fine Woolen Goods.

I like how some folks have stopped to watch the band parade past Pendelton's. There's a light still on - accidentally? To be welcoming from the gloomy day? - on the rustic sign in front of Case de Fritos (our left from the tuba puffer). It actually looks like a real gas lamp. Seems to support the recollections in the previous post about the realistic area lighting. Notwithstanding the multi-colored lights strung overhead hehe ...as a person walking around there though, you wouldn't notice them when off, you'd be seeing the rest at eye level, and it looks nice. Old Knotts-like.

What's the sign in front of the Dry Goods?

ps Maj - I appreciate the welcomes back. :)

Major Pepperidge said...

Chiana, once again you noticed stuff I did not, especially the sign in front of Casa de Fritos. I'll have to search the other blogs, because I'm not sure I've ever seen that particular version before.

Chiana_Chat said...

Maj, if you mean a change in apparent brightness, it probably has to do with "color profiles." I don't know much about photoshop and profiles but that might be something to look into if you want to.

Major Pepperidge said...

Chiana, the problem that I seem to have is that the image will looks great in Photoshop, but once I "save as a copy" to a jpeg for blogging purposes, the contrast gets all wonky. Darks go grayish for some reason; perhaps it has to do with the fact that a jpeg is a method of "lossy compression"....

Caspian said...

Are you working in Adobe RGB or sRGB? Try converting to sRGB (edit/convert to profile) before saving your jpegs.

LD