Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cypress Gardens

With Christmas mere days away, I decided to take a little trip to Florida for some fun, sun, and bathing beauties. Let's go to Cypress Gardens!


I can only guess what's going on here. Hoop-skirted lovelies and colorful conquistadors seem to be observing some sort of ceremony; the woman in the velvet cape is receiving extra special attention from everyone. Perfect attendance? Good posture? Maybe she can burp the alphabet.


Florida gets the best skies. The fluffiest clouds are grown there by the thousands. There is a bevy of lovely Water Maidens or Merbabes or whatever they were called; always smiling. Notice the other speedboats in the water, carefully maneuvering so that they will be ready for the next stunt.


It's a human pyramid; four women, one guy. They are waving the communist flag to show their support of the oppressed proletariats struggling against an imperialist bourgeoisie. I think.


7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

I vote for burping the alphabet.

That first skiing pic reminds me once again of the Go-Gos (even though there are only four ladies in this pic), but the last shot makes me think of Jodi Foster and Barbara Harris!

Chiana_Chat said...

Wow the skies! They blow my mind. Because. The Beatles said it best I admit.

Beautiful babes in ketsup red and mustard yellow always remind me... if they had a hot dog concession on the waterfront they might still be in business.

Hilarious commentary Maj!

JG said...

Hey, I can burp the alphabet, I can also do Caribbean islands, like "Aruuuuuubaaaaa".

Next I will take "Florida Place Names" for $500.

Great pictures, great comments, love it.

Thank you, Major.

JG

Major Pepperidge said...

TokyoMagic!, I know you are referring to "Freaky Friday", but I've never seen the movie - so I don't get why the last shot makes you think of it!

Chiana, I'm sure you've heard the version of that song with no instrumental backing? It's so awesome! Once in a blue moon I'll meet somebody who says they hate the Beatles, and I just can't understand it.

JG, I am looking forward to your album of burped Christmas favorites!

Thanks for the nice comments, as always....

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hmmmm, seems to me those Merbabes are riding awful close to the shore, that commie flag wont help them if the hit the sand, I know, I've done it (minus the commie flag of course).

"Vacacation all I ever wanted"... almost as bad as planting "there's a world of laughter a world of fear" in someone head!

Chuck said...

Thanks, VDT. I was just about to go to bed. Now I'll be up for hours listening to music in my head. At least it'll drown out the voices...

TokyoMagic! said...

Major, Jodi Foster is water skiing at the moment when she and Barbara Harris switch bodies back. There is a human pyramid involved and also a hang glider. Of course the results are...well, very Disney. The scene also includes Charlene Tilton, John Astin and Dick Van Patten. Now if they could have only found a way to work Kaye Ballard and Ruth Buzzi into the finale.....