Thursday, December 09, 2010

Plaza Gardens & Pavillion, 1958

What do you do if you've walked to the north end of Main Street and have already worked up a fierce appetite? Never fear, there are a couple of places to eat!

Howabout the Plaza Gardens? There's not much in the way of actual gardens, but why quibble. All I care about is the food. They'd better have chocolate milk, dammit. With that little bridge in front of us, I can only assume that the castle is behind us? Notice the still-not-very-hidden fire hydrant. I like the triangle on the sign for the Plaza Gardens, just like ma used to clang on with her spoon when the chow was ready. "Come and git it!".


Or we could eat at the Pavillion ( 2 L's, really?). I wanted to eat lunch there last time, but it was closed. Which is why I am suing the Disney company for 12 million dollars. Back in '58 I believe that actual waiters and waitresses took your order and brought your food to you. No counter service shenanigans!


Here's a happy family, grateful to take a load off of their aching feet. I thought dad had a bottle of beer for a second, until I realized it was ketchup. Why he would drink ketchup is beyond me, but hey, I don't judge. Junior is admiring his Zorro hat, and so am I.

8 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Love the Plaza Gardens (AKA Carnation Gardens) images. Very cool.

Ketchup plus Disneyland Fries=Yummy. I bet they were fried in full trans fat oil!

Connie Moreno said...

These photos are neato keen but I especially like that first one. Wow!

Oh and I drink catsup all the time. Notice, I spell it differently?

Thufer said...

Oh yes, life at the north end of Main Street.

Chuck said...

You could start a pretty good bar fight with that ketchup bottle. Reminds me of this one time in Thailand...

Chiana_Chat said...

Neat triangle on that sign. Maybe they borrowed it from The Red Wagon Inn?

Girls, three, each with their own blue doll dress, available in O (Older Sister), M (Middle Child) & S (Spoiled Shrimp) sizes...

Top two are in my desktop queue. Speaking of which, you complain about Pavillion having an extra l, there's always queue to top that. Or Mississippi.

Neat Zorro hat. Do I see bolos (well, one big red bolo) caught by the stroller bar in front of his lap? Either that or he's really gonna be sore. So hopefully, kids could get bolos to go with their Zorro merch? Those were the *ouch* days.

Nancy said...

chilllllin' at Disneyland...oh yeah!

i added enough extra Ls for everyone! :D

JG said...

Love that second pic. I want to walk into that and have a seat next to those folks.

thanks Major.

JG

I'm less consistent now, but not less interested.

Major Pepperidge said...

JG, leaving comments is not supposed to be a chore... leave 'em when you want to! I've been sort of overdoing it with the blog, and even I can't say my interest is what it once was.