Thursday, December 30, 2010

Leftuggies!

The title of this post is "Leftuggies" which is the non-word that my mom uses when she is serving leftovers. "What's for dinner, mom?". "Leftuggies!". My mom is weird. Anyway, I have two leftuggies for you today.

This scurvy dog is the most fearsome pirate on the Seven Seas! His pirate name is "Dimples", and believe me, it strikes terror into the hearts of anyone who sails the oceans. Sure, he's wearing an "I Like Disneyland" button, but he cut it from the coat of the captain who used to command this ship - right after he ran him through with his cutlass.

(Do you think that anybody salvaged that beautiful pilot's wheel before the ship was scuttled in 1983?)


Something strange happened to this slide (besides turning magenta), since anything black seems to fade away towards the top of the photo. Anyway, it's a nice shot of the Mark Twain as it returns to its home port.


I want that flag!

7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

More leftuggies, please!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I'd like me some more leftuggies too!

Hey, that flag is so cool - it want it also!

Connie Moreno said...

That explains A LOT.....lol

Pretty darn cool pics, there Mr. Major.

JG said...

Cute Kid. I remember that wheel, hope it has a home somewhere.

JG

TokyoMagic! said...

Weren't we told that the hardware from the ship was saved and used again for Disneyland Paris's pirate ship? I wonder if that was true and if so, did it included the ship's wheel?

Major Pepperidge said...

TM, I hadn't heard about the pieces going to Paris. Instead of going back to Japan, you need to go to France and take photos just to confirm this! ;-)

TokyoMagic! said...

I have been to Paris once. I checked all my photos of the pirate ship after you posted this, but I couldn't see a ship's wheel in any of the shots. Unfortunately when I was there, the ship was undergoing a rehab and you couldn't go aboard. One of the photos I took can be seen here. I need to post all of them. Heck, I should post more about DL Paris, period!