Monday, December 06, 2010

Fun Around the U.S. of A.!

Let's start at this unidentified kiddie park, Somewheresville USA! We're lucky to get a glimpse into the childhood of two of the greatest rock musicians ever: I'm talking about Matthew and Gunnar, better known as Nelson! They've already developed a taste for classic Harleys, and who can blame them.


I have to admit that I thought that Mount Rushmore was a lot bigger than this. Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint must be tiny. Sculptor Gutzon Borglum (Gutzon??) and his son Lincoln removed at least 10 cubic feet of granite (using M-80s and nail files) to create this portrait of George Washington, Conan O'Brien, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln.

"Busch Gardens": the name evokes a lot of memories, but not of the park that is pictured below. My memories are for the Van Nuys park (long gone); this photo shows the Florida Busch Gardens. I believe that Florida is somewhere in Canada. Man, that is one funny looking mule those kids are riding. Maybe it was pregnant. In the background runs the Monorail, an uncool hanging variety that I encourage all of you to point at and laugh.

7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

By the time I made it to Busch Gardens in Tampa, the monorail had already been removed, darn it....but they still had their "Skyway"!

Alicia said...

Sounds like a great trip for the whole family. I miss traveling and going places. I just hope I can do it before the year ends. There is so much to explore but there are so many things to do right now at home and at the office.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Mount Rushmore isn't small, that lady is HUGE!!!

JG said...

OH Gack...Major, I clicked on your Nelson link.

I want eyebleach. What has been seen cannot be unseen!

You evil rascal you.

JG

PS Great post. I know Canadians who are glad that Florida is NOT in Canada.

JG

Major Pepperidge said...

JG - - LOL! Just admit that you used to have long blonde hair just like your heros!

Chuck said...

I believe the Mount Rushmore miniature is at Wall Drug in Wall, South Dakota. Pretty sure I have a photo of a gigantic 4-year-old standing in front of it.

Major Pepperidge said...

Chuck, thank you for the tip, I'll see if I can find anything out about it!