Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Murkiness, 1958

Sorry today's post is a little late (though it's not even 8 o'clock in the morning yet!); I had my "publish" settings all screwed up.

Anyway, do you know why today's photos are murky? Because they were taken by Murky McGurk. It seems so obvious now...

I feel guilty even posting this muddy picture, but maybe one of you will find something to love about it. There's an old popcorn box. And a kid who might be taking photos with a Kodak Brownie (something about his stance makes me think that he is looking through the viewfinder on top of a camera). And a lady in the distance whose white skirt has been made translucent by the sunlight.


And here's the 300 kajillionth photo taken of the Pirate Ship. I've been keeping track so you don't have to. I love the fact that there are still orchards nearby...

8 comments:

Katella Gate said...

"The Picturesque Murk of Murky McGurk" - One of Dr. Seuss's less popular books.

Connie Moreno said...

Aunt Myrtle couldn't believe that Uncle Maynard was actually buying popcorn from that "old fashioned" popping machine cart and she was so excited, she forgot to check the settings on trusty old Minolta Maynard brought back from Germany after the war.

Good guess on the kid - I recognize that stance!

Ah, the pirate ship...never get tired of seeing it.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I like murkiness, but who doesn't?

Hmm, I like the Trolley tracks in the first photo, real world charm and crookedness!

Does a popcorn machine really need all those switches?

Chuck said...

Are we absolutely sure the kid's not practicing for the background of a Baja Marimba Band Album cover?

Major Pepperidge said...

Chuck... I don't get it!?!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I'm guessing he's making reference to this (link) - that cover used to freak me out as a kid!

Major Pepperidge said...

Ha ha, thanks for the link Tim - I think!

JG said...

OK, now I need eyebleach after that link. D@mn you. Not what I expected from this blog.

I like the post pics though.

You should now re-post VDT's pics of the ride attendant at Alice In Wonderland to compensate.

JG