Sunday, December 05, 2010

J. Cruise, October '55

Sorry in advance about today's lame post! My dog ate my other really great post.


Three stealthy crocodiles lurk menacingly in Willy Wonka's chocolate river. They keep the factory free of sick or elderly Oompa Loompas. Doopety doo!


Speaking of lurking, that's what these two cannibals do best. Some days they return home after long day, completely exhausted, only to have the wife and kids expecting them to lurk at home too. Give them a break!


6 comments:

Chris Jepsen said...

I don't know about this being a weak post. I rather enjoyed your color commentary.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Anything 1955 is a great post!

In the first pic, where is that? That's not part of the river that the boat travels is it? Man that water is lurky-murky, I suppose its more realistic than the dyed water they use now.

Major Pepperidge said...

Chris, I appreciate the nice comment!

VDT, I am not really sure where that unexplored tributary was. From the angle it looks like it might have been taken from a bridge; maybe the bridge into Adventureland? Or even that bridge that you crossed to get to the Plantation House?

TokyoMagic! said...

Yep, not a lame post, Major! A post-eating dog and sick and elderly Oompa Loompas? Hilarious as always!

I was wondering the same thing about that Jungle Cruise tributary, but wherever it is....what a great (and unusual) shot!

Katella Gate said...

Screamingly funny post. No need to read the funny papers.

Unknown said...

Major, I'd bet $3.50 that those crocs are in the Adventureland-Rivers of America creek. My family's first Magic Kingdom Club day photo was taken on a bench right next to it in 196...mumble.