Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stormy Weather, April 1957

Sometimes it seems as if it is always sunny at Disneyland, but of course that isn't always the case. One of my most fun visits was during a cold rainy day in November!

These next three photos were taken during a gray day in April, 1957. Just look at those dark skies!


I guess that the film stock imparted a greenish cast to everything... it reminds me of how the sky looks during the calm before a storm! Crowds are certainly light...


Somehow the moody sky suits the Pirate Ship! It appears that some of the lights on board have been lit. In spite of the gloom, remember that April showers would bring May flowers!

9 comments:

Beefy Muchacho said...

These are great! Not sure I'd wanna be in on the Skyway though.

thepicklebarrel said...

wow! neato!

Hannibal8 said...

My daughter and I have always loved the park on days like this. It's less crowded and just has a neat feel to it. Kudos to matching your post with the weather outside my window...

The Viewliner Limited said...

Beauty pics today and yesterday. Thanks Major.

TokyoMagic! said...

I LOVE the sky in these photos!

Anonymous said...

I remember one cold evening walking into Fantasyland as a low lying mist moved in. Just like some dream sequence in the movies. It was late and there was hardly anyone there. Now that was really magical!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Guvner!

Guess they weren't worried about lightning in Anaheim in the '50s hehe

"...so just keep looking for the bluebird / and listening for his song / whenever April showers come along..."

outsidetheberm said...

I remember watching the popular band 'The Young Rascals' (think that's their name) in a heavy drizzle in Tomorrowland one dark, deserted afternoon. 'Spooky', indeed.

Nancy said...

great photos! : )