Friday, March 12, 2010

Midget Autopia, August 1963

Thank goodness for the Midget Autopia! Kids just want to drive a car like the grownups; but the regular Autopia was still too big for the smaller fry. We've seen so many photos in which an adult is doing the driving (like here and here). With the Midget Autopia, there were no grownups allowed - - it was strictly for children. Look at that sporty little beauty, with two steering wheels like all of the BEST cars have. I like that the headlights actually worked (must have looked great at night). That boy is having the time of his life!


The blinding speeds achieved by those little roadsters made it impossible to get a clear shot as they passed by!

5 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

How cute! Yup you can tell that is one happy small fry. :)

Donnie said...

When it closed Walt moved the whole attraction to Marceline. The track is still there. I ran around it...

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I see what looks like a seat belt? I guess they really did achieve those blinding speeds! Fun post - Thanks!

Connie Moreno said...

In '62, I thought I was too old for this...after all, I was 7!! LOL. This brought back great memories!

HBG2 said...

I don't care what anyone says, the Midget Autopia cars were the best looking Autopia cars of any kind that they have ever had.