Sunday, March 02, 2014

Jungle Cruise, 1956

I have a few "meh" images from the Jungle Cruise, might as well get them out of the way today! Tune in tomorrow for something more interesting.

Look there! Some friendly natives are waving spears and shields at us in a show of welcome. One of them even tried to give me his spear by tossing it toward me. That's mighty neighborly of him; it makes me wish I had brought some of my famous snickerdoodles to share (they're dee-lish). Still, the guy next to me caught the spear with his throat, which is a pretty neat trick. Now he's flopping around like some kinda funny fish.


Oh man, another elephant? This is getting to be a problem. One or two are cute, but when there are hundreds of them, let's just say that you'd better own a shovel. Once again, the snickerdoodles would have come in handy - - - elephants hate snickerdoodles. 


8 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I like the giraffe neck/head sticking out behind the natives to the right.

I've noticed some other vintage photos like the first image today of the Jungle Cruise with wires crossing diagonally on the photo image. Does anyone happen to know what they might be for?

Nice set of pics from my favorite attraction. Thanks, Major.

Nanook said...

How do you stop an elephant from charging-?...

Anonymous said...

K. Martinez...you spotted Crossed Wires, whose brother Guy Wires occasionally appears in some of the Major's photos. Stay away from High and avoid Hot, and Barbed can snag you.

I should have been a Jungle Cruise guide.

Bill in Denver

PsySocDisney said...

Nanook: take away his credit card! Or "her," if it's the mother-in-law.
I must be part elephant cause I hate snickerdoodles.

K. Martinez said...

Bill in Denver, I still run into a couple of live wires now and then.

Major Pepperidge said...

K. Marfinez, I didn't even notice the giraffe! That camouflage actually works. I think those wires might have been used to support trees that might not be well-rooted yet.

Nanook, through intervention and counseling?

Bill, you have covered all of the "wire" puns!!

PsySocDisney, well that's a first, I've never met anybody who hated snickerdoodles. They seem so innocuous and friendly.

Major Pepperidge said...

Ken, sorry about the typo!!

Nancy said...

i like the natives...seem kinda restless there, peering out at the passing boats