Sunday, May 26, 2013

Casey Jr. Circus Train - 1957

Time to use up some of those pictures that some people may consider to be junk. One of those people might be me.

There he is, Casey Jr., the star of today's posts. This picture is the best of the bunch, and it isn't great. Still, I do love the little circus train and the quilted landscape. 


If it wasn't for the blur, this one would be my favorite. But the photographer had the yips.


And finally, a view from aboard one of the open-air cars (as opposed to the cages full of monkeys and wild animals).




6 comments:

Nanook said...

I don't know, Major - though perhaps not perfect, these are still swell images. Especially with the way each image utilizes water in the framing.

Good show. Thanks, Major.

Tom said...

I'd even go so far as to say these are great pictures! I mean, that patchwork landscape is awesome! Why doesn't it look quite so amazing these days? Where's the love in the stitches now?

And of course, the fact that it wasn't all overgrown adds to the charm. There's something about an uncluttered landscape that makes these old images enchanting.

SundayNight said...

It emphasizes to me that it’s not just a train ride, but a ride through exquisitely landscaped gardens that had to (have to) be constantly attended to to retain is manicured beauty. Love it.

K. Martinez said...

Love the pix, even if they're not perfect. Ironically I prefer the way Storybook Land looks today over years past. I'm usually not a fan of the overgrown trees and foliage that have crept up on Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, but here it works for some reason. But that's just me.

Melissa said...

Love the last picture with the sun on the water and the colorful patchwork behind.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics of my favorite rides. I don't think I've ever ridden in an open air car, always in the Monkey Cage for me.

The quilt was such a great idea.

Thank you, Major. These mean a lot.

JG