Thursday, December 25, 2008

Two From Tomorrowland, January 1964

Merry Christmas everybody!

I have two fabulous photos from Tomorrowland for ya. First up is this very nice look at the Matterhorn as it catches the late afternoon sun... in another hour or so it should be getting dark. Even at this time of day you can see that the lights on the star have been lit. Incidentally, I think we have established that the star did NOT turn. But it did give off a pine-tree scent that could be enjoyed all over the park!


I love this picture of the blue Monorail waiting at the station! Not only is it a great look at the Monorail itself, but I always enjoy getting to observe the guests from over 40 years ago. Look at their strange, primitive clothing! Nothing like the silver lamé jumpsuits that we all wear today.


I hope that every one of you is enjoying the holidays!

9 comments:

Daveland said...

Merry Xmas Major–that Matterhorn Star picture is incredible. The photographer had a great eye...or maybe 2 great eyes!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Happy Holidays! Thanks for all the goodness you post all year long!

Nick said...

The best blog on the 'net! Disneyland is a sort of sanctuary for me, and this blog satisfies my cravings while I'm away! Thank you.

Katella Gate said...

The pleats in the accordion joints between the cars are still uneven and 40 years later, it still bothers me.

Why must you torment me with childhood obsessions on this, the happiest day of the year? I will be thinking about this all day.

outsidetheberm said...

Sure, the star may not have turned, but it certainly DID shoot laser beams into the eyes of any bah humbug Grinch who dared to walk the park during the season.

Merry Christmas, Major.

Chris Jepsen said...

Thanks for yet another fun post! Do you actually have a *neverending* supply of cool images for us to look at? Thanks and Merry Christmas, Major!

Nancy said...

Merry Christmas to everyone. a pretty picture of the star to be sure....a most important Christmas icon

a pretty picture of Monorail Blue as well. i like seeing Disneyland on a busy day! :)

Evan said...

No, it actually did spin. The intro to all of Extinct Attractions Club's Disneyland documentary DVDs briefly shows the star slowly spinning atop the Matterhorn.

Connie Moreno said...

Wow, I love that old blue Monorail. I can still remember the sound of the metal locks as we prepared to leave the station. Oh the anticipation!