Thursday, November 27, 2008

Snoozing Beauty Castle

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Today I offer two beauties taken on January 5, 1957. The days are short this early in the new year, and the sun is already setting. Looks like some rain just passed through, the intense blue late-afternoon sky and the N.C. Wyeth clouds are pretty spectacular. The castle itself is bathed in golden light, as if Tinker Bell has covered it in pixie dust. There's no Matterhorn yet, otherwise we'd see it here. A Christmas tree is lit... this whole picture puts me in a holiday mood!


From the same photographer, but perhaps a minute or so later, and some of that "golden hour" magic has already dissipated. It's still a pretty nice photo, though! You can almost feel the chill in the air, but lucky for me I am wearing mittens and a nice warm coat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw good you're nice 'n' cozy. Looking at this top photo can do that for me, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, yet it's non alcoholic and would be safe for work. Yup, it's Magic!

Beautiful light, patina and sky... full of beauty (oh I said that). It's not an overdone Christmas tree either, it's just like a caringly made, real nice home made tree. With an extra nice setting.

Hey for the first time this year I feel a twinge of Christmas coming! Thanks Maj. :)

Daveland said...

NC Wyeth is one of my faves - nice comparison Major - Happy Thanksgiving!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Happy Thanksgiving... wishing all the best for you and your family, Richard.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Sweet magical Castle Photo, do you thin the photog planned it that way or was it one of those "WOW" moments when he got the film developed.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family Major, I hope you have a wonderful day.

Nancy said...

so pretty...

hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday