Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Random Wednesday

Today I'm doing a bit of house cleaning, and am posting some slides that were just sort of floating around on my 'pooter. But that doesn't mean that they aren't great images!

Like this photo of the White Rabbit and a very pretty Alice. Now we can see where Flava Flav got the idea for the giant clock around his neck. This picture almost looks like an official publicity shot!


Or howsabout this nice one showing two kids about to fly over a moonlit London. Turn left at Albuquerque, then take the second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning. Assuming you want to go to Neverland, that is. Which I do. The Peter Pan dark ride is still extremely popular; it is super imaginative, not to mention just plain beautiful. Come on everybody, here we gooooooooo!


Somebody must have had a nice zoom lens to get this closeup of the burning settler's cabin. Lucky for him that he built it out of concrete and steel. Turns out that the arrow is just an extreme example of body modification... the settler died of ennui.

10 comments:

PTA Transit Authority said...

Great pictures, as always Major. Definitely the best one I have ever seen of the cabin.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I love that shot of Alice, it belongs on the cover of a coffee table book! Do you have a year on that one? 1968 would be my guess, nice Random Post, I like..... Thanks!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Major- please warn me on your jokes. Your settler body piercing and ennui joke made me laugh so hard, I think I spilled milk on my keyboard...if you know what I mean.

Major Pepperidge said...

Thanks, pta! VDT, the Alice picture is from July 1965, I forgot to mention the dates of the photos. The Peter Pan photo is from September 1964, and the burning cabin is from June 1965. And Matterhorn, I'm glad I made you laugh, just don't eat near your keyboard!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is definitely the best shot of the cabin I've ever seen. Makes you almost feel like you are there. Which is impressive, since I never was!

Brer Dan

Anonymous said...

I like the cabin cadaver complete with "through the chest" stake!

Anonymous said...

The Peter Pan photo reminds me that I still always hope we get the ship with the striped sail. And I am old enough to remember DL from 1955.

And there are no photos of an Alice that isn't cute. Go ahead, check if you don't believe me. It'll be fun.

DZ

Nancy said...

a nice grouping today....very colorful along with the great commentary. thanks!! :)

Anonymous said...

If you look closely, the Reclining Settler is wearing an iPod that's playing Depeche Mode.

Anonymous said...

ennui! Didn't spew on the keyboard like poor Matterhorn nearly did; luckily I wasn't sipping my glass of doublerum. Nay, I rolled on the floor laughing, which come to think of it is a more realistic enactment of a person escaping a burning cabin than that stiff ever troubled with!