Monday, June 20, 2011

Knott's, April 30 1956

If only I could really go back to the 50's and see Knott's Berry Farm! These were still the "early years"... no Calico Mine Train or Log Ride - although the railroad train was there. But I do think about how neat it would have been to see Knott's when it was all Ghost Town, surrounded by miles of farmland and plenty of eucalyptus trees.


This first photo was taken from inside some anonymous structure (maybe the Livery Stable?)... a broken-down wagon sits out front looking picturesque, while a bright and shiny wagon heads towards us, pulled by two giant mice. As far as I know, wagons like this were seen in the Ghost Town because they added to the Old West ambiance. How come nobody is dressed in t-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops? Where are the muffin tops? Where are the tramp stamps?

This fella is mighty pleased to be posing with Nell and Belle. They were the "Hooters" waitresses of their day, when you think about it.


I like to go the Grist Mill and eat a big handful of flour. Mmmm, fresh! And cheaper than those hamburgers and wraps available throughout the park.


4 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

I always appreciate the Knott's pics, Major....thanks for sharing these!

Connie Moreno said...

Your commentary is.....wait, I'm still laughing....

Nancy said...

nice pictures...are these things still there?

JG said...

Love the guy in the suit with the floozies.

My Dad did the same pose, my Mom was scandalized. Wish I had a pic.

I did find a black & white of me sitting there, about 5 years old i think. The background in my shot is different, I think they moved the bench and hussies to a new spot after the pic above.

Thanks Major.

JG