Monday, June 06, 2011

Adventureland, '57

The entrance to Adventureland hints at the exotic and strange sights that you would see if you dared to cross that bridge and leave civilization behind. Grass-thatched huts, native shields and spears, and human skulls were all a little "pre-show" for the Jungle Cruise - which was really the only attraction for years.


There's the giant man-eating python. I never take a bath before going to Disneyland in order to be as un-delicious as possible.


Here's the front side of Schweitzer Falls, before global warming reduced it to the trickle that you see today.


5 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

"I never take a bath before going to Disneyland in order to be as un-delicious as possible." Thanks, I almost snorted my coffee, LOL!!

Hey, I often take photos from the exact same location as your first photo. WOW! I know the place has changed but wow!!!

Jason Schultz said...

I don't think I'd ever seen that entrance to the Adventureland Bazaar before. (Really, I'm just interested in it for the sign.)

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

First photo is amazing, yes it has changed quite a bit, but on the other hand its got some of the original elements still, just a LOT of old growth now. Here's the same area taken from the opposite side last year (Anaheim River link).

Nancy said...

Adventureland has changed so much but mostly for the better i think.

Major Pepperidge said...

Nancy, I agree - except that I wish the Swiss family was still in their treehouse!