Sunday, February 25, 2007

Motor Boat Queue


These boys are smiling now (well, one of them is), but these fools are about to risk life and limb on the thrilling Motor Boat Cruise. I wish I could find the other photo from after the ride, their hair turned completely white from terror. They were never the same afterwards, the poor wretches.

But I kid....I kid because I love!

I have but a single personal memory of riding the motor boats. It was at night, and the fireworks started while we were cruisin'. Which was pretty cool. I was riding with my grandpa, and even he was surprised that you couldn't steer, accelerate, or nothin'.

4 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

But you are forgetting the rapids and the giant shark that would come out of the water as you were passing the old rickety boat dock...

Major Pepperidge said...

Forget? I awaken each night in a cold sweat, dreaming that I'm on the Motor Boat Cruise. I wish I could forget!!

Merlinsguy said...

The motor boat cruise is for babies. I think you're suppressing the inimaginable fear of Storybook Land.

walterworld said...

I really enjoy your daily postings. Where did you get all of these slides? Been collecting forever?

I remember taking the motorboat cruise several times as a child; And I too was bummed that you couldn't steer. Needless to say that I'd spend good money to ride this old time attraction again today...

Thanks for the memories...