Friday, July 13, 2012

Instamatic A G-Go 2

It's time for more Kodak Instamatic pix!

You may have noticed that I have a particular love for vintage Disneyland attraction posters. No, it's true! This photo appeals to me for obvious reasons (see a photo of my very own Nature's Wonderland poster here). I'm not entirely sure why they needed an attraction poster right in front of the very ride, but it looks so great that I can't complain. As usual, there appears to be virtually no line for the amazing mine train ride.


This one is a bit fuzzy, but that's part of the deal with Instamatics. I wonder if this was taken upon arrival or as my friend was leaving the park? The sun is on its way down. Notice the star atop the Matterhorn.


This is pretty much your standard Sleeping Beauty Castle photo; but, unlike my actual visits to Disneyland, I always like seeing a crowd in pictures. It adds a lot of energy and interest to the scene.


12 comments:

Nanook said...

The Nature's Wonderland photo is just wonderful. Not only do we get to see the attraction, but the poster, too.

D ticket said...

The people are interesting in these.

Nature's Wonderland has one (ONE!) stroller parked out front, and what looks like a Partridge Family cover band just getting off the train, the parking lot shadow on the left seems to be saying "Hurry up and finish your roll, just shoot anything", and the castle shot is somehow almost completely devoid of children.

Anonymous said...

Major, I always enjoy another pic of the Castle. Something about seeing guests (over the years) in that spot reminds me of how many people have walked those bricks - enjoying their moment at DL. Can't get enough of that!

Bill in Denver

Thufer said...

The best 100 acres ever to be covered with pavement and paint. Parking Lot love.
I had such a rush of anticipation upon seeing that middle picture.

K. Martinez said...

I like the subtle colors of the castle image. Beautful!

Tom said...

Another deliciously different angle of a much beloved attraction - Nature's Wonderland, my very favorite. With the poster too! I don't know if it could get any better, unless Claude Coats was in the shot too, leaning against the sign.

Rich T. said...

Oh my gosh, that second photo -- THE view! Memories! The "First one to spot the Matterhorn gets a Nickel" car game! I'm going to show this one to the younger DL fans in my family the next time I try to explain what approaching Disneyland was like before DCA!

David said...

The kid waiting to get on the train?

Creepy Damien from the Omen franchise, maybe?

But I love the poster.

...But It Wasn't Always That Way! said...

That exciting view and anticipation of the main gates from the parking lot never gets tiring.

Connie Moreno said...

Major, all wonderful shots!!! I wanted to jump into that first photo.

Nancy said...

A nice day all around!!

One of my favorite posters and one of my favorite places...Rainbow Ridge!!

Definitely enjoying the star atop the Matterhorn.

Going thru the Castle is one of those things you have to do at least once during a visit. I personally enjoy more coming from Fantasyland toward the Hub and Main Street more. (we were on stage at WDW during the 25th anniv celebration year, representing the year 1976...what a sight that was with all of the people looking on!)

thanks for a wonderful set today!!

Todd said...

The parking lot photo is fantastic!

I especially like that lovely red Corvette on the right. At least two of the four people walking by seem to be giving it a look. Looks to be a 56 or 57 Corvette to me...