Thursday, December 24, 2009

Santa's Village!

Well, it's Christmas Eve, and I haven't been celebrating the holidays at all on my bloggy-blog. So today seemed like a good day to dig out the slides of Santa's Village! I believe that the first two photos are from the Santa's Village near Santa Cruz, while the last one might be from Skyforest (near Lake Arrowhead). Please correct me if I'm mistaken!

This lady is posing next to a bevy of (apparently) free strollers; the sign says "Walking is hard on little feet, use a stroller with a comfy seat". Hey, my feet are little, maybe I'll use a stroller.


Right in the center of this photo you can see the Christmas tree ride, a "Dumbo"-type spinning attraction, only without Dumbo's extreme thrills! Feral, man-eating goats roamed the grounds; whose idea was that? Notice the drunken elf sitting in the tree.


For a second I thought the place was closed, but the front door is open, and there are cars in the parking lot. It's amazing the way that snow on the roof peaks doesn't melt! The sleigh pulled by invisible reindeer was always a popular photo subject.

4 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

Merry Christmas Maj & readers! :D

TokyoMagic! said...

Merry Christmas Major, Chiana, and EVERYONE!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

How do they keep the snow from melting on the roof tops? Disneyland seems to have that figured out too!

I want to ride the Christmas tree while a drunken elf leers at me>>??

Thanks for the Christmas Classics Major! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year.