Friday, December 11, 2009

Random Fun from '57

Here's a nice photo of the sign in Frontierland directing guests to the Indian Village (and the Keel Boats and the War Canoes)... as you can see, we are heading towards a tunnel that will lead us into this "land within a land". I'm sure it would have been a lot cheaper to not have that earthen hill to cut through, but going through a tunnel adds an almost cinematic transition from one place to the other.


There's Old Smiley, basking in the sun and showing off his new uppers. He loves to sniff the blossoms of the lotus, much like Ferdinand the Bull liked to smell daisies.


The Friendly Indian Chief has his gang with him (a gentle warning; don't do anything funny!). His fancy war bonnet is at the dry cleaners.

5 comments:

PTA Transit Authority said...

The keel boat sign is fantastic. Great shot.

Virginia bed and breakfast | Victorian inn bed and breakfast | Romantic bed and breakfasts said...

I love the theme of this land; I adore Big Thunder Railroad and could ride it over and over again. Splash I love the theme inside but the drop makes me feel sick for hours afterwards, I can do it but prefer not to.

Regards,

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hey they can re-create that same sign when the Keel Boat Returns next summer (I know - just humor me)...

Nancy said...

beautiful signage, one i have never seen before...and a gorgeous blue sky day

oh yeah! :D

Chiana_Chat said...

Hadn't seen it before either. It says, "fun this way!" :)

"New uppers" hehe

Chief has quite a turn out behind him, not one of which we could say are over the hill. And we can't say that about Chief as he has such dignity. So I hope Spin behaves, and puts his cap on right side around as we steam by.