Sunday, May 04, 2008

Souvenir Sunday, Noir et Blanc

Once in a while I am pleasantly surprised when I happen upon a lot of old souvenir slides. Instead of seeing the same old stuff taken from the same old vantage points (are you listening to me, Max Von PanaVue?), there's some grade-A choice stuff. Unfortunately, today's examples turned a vivid shade of magenta, with virtually no color information remaining...they became a barfy gray green. So I chose to post them in glorious sepia tone! Pretend that these were scanned from old snapshots.

Here's a great shot taken from the Monorail station, an unusual angle for sure. Why don't you see amateur photos taken from here? I never have, anyway. This is one of the early, 3-car Mark I Monorails. I say it's the red one!


We've seen a zillion photos of the TWA Rocket to the Moon, but I haven't found one with these scrubby little pine trees before.

1 comment:

CoxPilot said...

I remember the pine trees dropping all kinds of unwanted goo and cones. The sweepers were always complaining about it, but the trees made for some good shade. There was a nice tree just next to the Flight Circle with a nice bench around it. A good shady place to site to see our show. If you look real close in the photo, you can see someone IN the circle behind one of the work cabinets (back to camera). I don't suppose we could zoom in on that. It may be me.