Saturday, May 17, 2008

Souvenir Saturday, and "By Special Request"

The Land of Tomorrow...! Has a nice ring to it. There was a time when people seemed to look forward to a better tomorrow. Or is that just the old "rose colored lenses" phenomenon? I believe that Walt Disney certainly believed in a bright future, at any rate. This photo is from a souvenir slide that turned a lurid magenta that was not restorable. To me, at any rate! If you think you can do something with the original scan, feel free to speak up. Anyway, even in its sepia-toned state, it looks pretty great.


And, as I promised long ago (and promptly forgot), here is a larger version of my image from last April first. It holds up better than I expected (less so in some places, though...) combining some 30 images (the original, plus 29 "gotchas"). I would have added more, but I ran out of time... so, no Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean references. Rats!

2 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Very nice-Thanks. Even in black and white, the flags are a great touch and really add to the movement of the place.

Connie Moreno said...

LOL, I love that second pic! It's going to my screen saver!