Sunday, May 11, 2008

Fantasyland & Main Street, July 1960

Here's a nice picture taken in Fantasyland, and while it doesn't show any rare signage or unusual details, it has a nice "you are there" feeling. The crowds, the bright colors, the souvenir booth (it must have something that is worth hundreds today!), and yes, even that darn Pirate Ship all take me right back to July 1960. I wasn't even a twinkle in my mother's eye!! Notice the souvenir map on display against that red wall to the right.


It must be a typical July day, and that means it's HOT. As is evidenced by the line out the door of the Coca Cola Refreshment Corner. The photographer took a self-portait in the window next to the two gentlemen who are already enjoying their cups of fizzy stuff. The forced perspective is pretty noticeable here, if you happen to be upstairs, you'd have to be about three feet tall to look out those windows!

3 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Pure and simple flashbacks... Just great pictures. Thanks Major.

Daveland said...

How great to see the photographer in the window! Too bad we can't see what they're making in the window of the Candy Palace - always a fave thing of mine to check out as I walk by.

Anonymous said...

I too, love the reflection of the photographer. It jumped right out at me. Also the ABC Shorthand class is something I could have used (could still use).