Thursday, September 20, 2012

Main Street at Dusk - October 28 1996

It's time for some more photos from the crazy 90's! 

It's 6:15 PM, and in October that means that the sun is down and all of the lights on Main Street are blazing. Isn't this a beautiful shot? Mr. X (my friend, who took this image) had heard that changes were coming to the Carnation ice cream parlor, so he took a LOT of pictures of it, both inside and out, daytime and night. This particular view is one of my favorites!


Just a few minutes earlier Mr. X had taken another photo from across the street and further towards the hub, looking back at the Carnation building. Notice the crows up in the sky - a familiar sight to Disneyland visitors as the sun sets.


9 comments:

Rich T. said...

What beautiful shots -- they really have a vivid, three dimensional you-are-there feeling to them!

Melissa said...

Almost unearthly beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love this time of day at DL...its kind of like playing in the neighborhood after dark with your friends. Everything looks the same, but its different with the street lights on. Great images!

Bill in Denver

TokyoMagic! said...

Glad to hear that your friend took pictures of the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor before they RUINED it! I wish I had done the same. I'm looking forward to seeing some of those interior shots you mentioned.

Major Pepperidge said...

RIch T, yeah, I really like these... generally photos from the 90's don't thrill me much, but seeing Main Street at night is always a pleasure.

Melissa, I agree!

Bill, you are so right. I used to live near a wooded area where fireflies would come out at dusk... almost reminds me of this.

TokyoMagic!, there are a TON of photos of the interior of Carnation, so many that I am going to be selective about them, or else it would just get repetitive.

Katella Gate said...

Thanks Major, and thanks to the generous Mr. X. Dusk really was a magic intersection of day and night at the park and the only one I was able to enjoy... Dawn was forbidden to us, making Dusk the more special.

Daveland said...

Bring on the repetition - can't wait to see the interior views!

Nancy said...

My favorite time at the Park...starting to get dusk but the lights have come on :-D

Connie Moreno said...

Gorgeous!

Tokyo, you think they ruined it?