Sunday, January 06, 2008

Matterhorn, July 1961

Here's a very nice, dramatic view of the Matterhorn as seen from the edge of the Sub lagoon...it looks pretty impressive, even if it is a bit off-kilter! I like how the rock work around the lagoon seems to tie the Matterhorn into the rest of the land, like a Swiss mountain is supposed to be there!


And as an extra bonus, from the same lot, is this image taken from the Monorail looking over Tomorrowland. The "TWA" has been painted out on the Rocket, something that I never noticed until one of our sharp-eyed friends pointed it out to me. I guess there was at least a year or two between the TWA and Douglas sponsorships, and in the interim it went without any affiliation.

5 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Fantatstic shots. Thanks Major

CoxPilot said...

Major: Any chance the quality is good enough to zoom in on the Flight Circle to see if anyone is there?

Major Pepperidge said...

Coxpilot, I will have to check when I get home later this evening...There won't be a lot of detail visible, but what the heck, I can zoom in and see how it goes!

Matterhorn1959 said...

I always like a good Matterhorn image.

Anonymous said...

Take a look at the "real" Matterhorn at coronn.com. A beautiful mountain it is.