Thursday, May 10, 2012

Some Boring Knott's Photos

I have a folder that holds my scans of slides of Knott's Berry Farm; I realized that I kept not posting a number of images because they were boring. So today, you get quantity, not quality!

Here's the familiar Wagon Camp, empty and mournful. Why don't I have a single photo of this area with a full audience watching the Wagonmasters?


Boot Hill, where many boots were buried. Those two women look suitably respectful.


The Gold Mine, where a mere 50 cents will buy you a chance to pan for genuine gold dust. Again, not a person in sight!


Here's a photo of the statue of the old prospector, or a photo of people waiting in line for the bathrooms. You decide!


And finally, I can only assume that the photographer was interested in the bougainvillea, and not so much the passing Stage Coach.


See, I TOLD you that these were boring!

11 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Major, how can you call ANY vintage Knott's pics boring? Well I like 'em anyway! I think that last pic is reversed, however. It looks like it was taken from the platform that sat next to the tunnel under the Stagecoach route. The buildings in the distance are the Bottle House and the Music Hall, but those two buildings should be reversed. ;-)

Irene said...

I agree with TM. No vintage photo of Knotts is ever boring. They show what used to be and the many things that made this place special which were ripped out and covered over with cement by Cedar Fair. Bitter? Yup. But the good news is someone who is in the know is now in charge and good things are beginning to happen at Knotts.

K. Martinez said...

These aren't boring to me either. Any vintage theme park images from 50s, 60s and 70s are always cool and welcome.

David said...

There's an old saying: Never say Boot Hill to old people.

Just wonder what's going through those ladies heads as they stare at the tombstones.

Cupcakes?

JG said...

Then color me boring, because I liked them.

Thanks Major.

JG

Major Pepperidge said...

TokyoMagic!, I never get how I manage to scan a slide backwards, but oh well! I'm way too lazy to go and fix it.

Irene, I guess it is all subjective… after seeing so many pictures of Knott's, I am only excited by something rare or unusual.

K. Martinez, if the readers like these, that is the most important thing!

David, they might be reading the epitaphs, or maybe they can hear the heartbeat that came from one of the graves!

Connie Moreno said...

Well, that explains why you were barefooted when we met at Knott's.

Rusty said...

Agree with others. Really, there are NO "boring" pictures of 50's/60's/70's Knotts (or DL, for that matter)...especially nice to look at after a long boring day at work. :)

scott8637 said...

Good pictures, makes me miss the old park. bring back the Haunted Shack. corny is fun.

Nancy said...

I must agree. It is never boring to see good stuff!!

Unknown said...

For me growing up half way between Knott's and Disneyland I always felt while Dland was the happiest place on earth, Knott's was the spookeist. Boot Hill, the hanging tree, the peppers ghost undertaker, the Haunted Shack, talking to a prisoner in jail plus watching a man killed in a gunfight on the city streets! Man what a day. For a 10 year old!

1313elpotro.blogspot.com