Monday, October 29, 2007

The Barf Ride, August 1961

Sorry about that title, I know it is in poor taste for those of you who just ate your breakfast! But that's what we used to call this attraction when we were kids.

Back when the Teacups used to actually spin, it entertained lots of dizzy people. What could be more harmless? But more than a few walked off with a case of the "urps". It's never happened to me of course, I was the annoying person who tried to spin the thing as fast as possible.


Another view, same lot o' slides. Skull Rock looks like it's wearing an eye patch here...across the way a man is filming the scene for posterity. I like the way the teacups are blurred, giving a real sense of motion.

3 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

I could never ride the teacups, they always make me feel sick!

Unknown said...

I rode them oce at WDW. Not again until my kids want to.

It is hard to imagine being stuck out in the sun all day--spinning and spinning and spinning...

Protein spill!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can remember them spinning. With my 2 cousins in the cup, everything became a blur. Until one day I found out that I could no longer tolerate the motion. Seems like I must have spent an hour or two on a nearby bench recovering.