Saturday, May 19, 2007

Souvenir Views part 3

Today's the third day of our "Treasure Tone" marathon, I hope you aren't sick of them yet.

First up is this nice view of the Autopia. I never noticed that these cars had license plates on the back, presumably with numbers unique to each automobile. That way they could say, "Car number DL-1000-11 is in need of repair", I guess. I personally like that tomato-red car, though the icy blue in the foreground is nice as well.


What happened here? The beautiful plantings are nowhere to be seen. I wonder if this photo was actually taken shortly after the park opened, before the flowers and plants had a chance to mature? As you can see, there are two trains side by side, a sight that you won't see these days.


I think that this is the front of the Circarama building (?), with it's troublesome fountains (they got the building and passers-by wet). Anything with a neat retro atomic logo is automatically cool!

3 comments:

Merlinsguy said...

I think that's one of the most perfect shots of Disneyland's entrace I've ever seen.

Major Pepperidge said...

Yeah, it's a good one, and it's nice to see it with decent color. This is one of those images that was released by several companies, only they usually fade to magenta or yellow.

Connie Moreno said...

Holy cow, that entrance shot!!!