Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Flower Mart & Castle, September 1960

Remember these ladies? It's been a while, but we've seen them before.
I'm happy to visit them again!

Here's an ususual night photo of the Flower Mart. Considering the poor condition of most of the slides in this lot, I'm surprised at how nice this one turned out! At night, Disneyland turns into one giant dark ride...there's something about the way everything is either emphasized by light or completely lost in darkness that feels like a dream.


Earlier in the day, the women posed in front of the castle. I like the way the tunnel and the silhouetted portcullis looks like a mouth with pointy teeth. Don't go in there! I can almost hear the voice of Jiminy Cricket singing "When You Wish Upon a Star", the song I always associate with the castle.


The word of the day is "portcullis".

3 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Very nice image of the Flower Market. Usually night shots are too dark and you cannot see any detail. Or they are too fuzzy as the person moved when taking the image and the lights look like they bounced around.

Unknown said...

I love the night shot. Mild mannered ladies by day and then ... well, mild mannered ladies by night. I also like the bored Spiro T. Agnew to the left.

Major Pepperidge said...

fotogogo, that is actually Lyndon B. johnson...