Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rivers of America, June 1969

I always like it when I can post photos with a common theme (I mean, besides the fact that most stuff is from Disneyland). And so, today is a hap-hap-happy day for me, and hopefully for you as well. The theme is: "The Rivers of America". That's right, "Rivers", plural. I know it looks like one river, but it's a bunch of them.

The Columbia is scooting past Cascade Peak... it's interesting to look at older images taken from approximately the same location, and see the growth of the trees and other plants along the river. Although it looks more "natural", it probably blocked a lot of nice views as well.


See what I mean? Now that the pesky boat is out of the way, you can really get a good look. The yellow Mine Train is just about to pass beneath Big Thunder Falls.


Now we're looking over towards the loading dock for both the Mark Twain and the Columbia. I like the signage over to the left!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I do love the shots with signage in them.

Especially when it was not part of the photographer's intent!

Great shots...

Unknown said...

Major, I echo George's sentiments; that last shot of the signage is a beauty!

jedblau said...

That sign is SWEET!

Tinker Bell said...

Niiiice! I wish I could dive into that river today... you know... if it were clean and all...

Anonymous said...

Cascade Peak was a "signature" element of Frontierland which is sorely missed.

Nancy said...

a beautiful shot of the Columbia, and agreat picture of vintage signage...those are what i most search for (well, that and cat-eye glasses!)

Connie Moreno said...

Those signs are uber cool!