Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snoozing Beauty Castle, 1956

Ol' Major Pepperidge is coasting today... I'm just way too lazy to do any work today. SO... you get two photos of the castle.

1956 photos, maybe that helps a little? I didn't think so. This was "No Kids Day" at Disneyland". That woman has had the feeling that she's being followed for at least an hour. Notice the kitchen worker (?) carrying a large aluminum bowl. Wonder where he's headed?


WHO LET THOSE KIDS IN?? I guess if I want to get away from kids I'll have to go to the library. I love trees, but I'll bet that scraggly little feller didn't last long as soon as Walt noticed it blocking his castle.

7 comments:

Daveland said...

I say bring back the chicken wire!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I second the vote for chicken wire!

That guy with the big aluminum bowl is a crack-up!

The Castle actually looks like a "Castle" in these old photos, it still looks neat now-a-days, but the multi-colored paint and roof colors are all off and look nothing like a real castle.

Connie Moreno said...

OMG! I love these shots! So much to look at, the landscaping, the fashions! Very cool. I worked at the Park a couple of years ago and quite often would see castmembers carrying large bowls or platters!

Katella Gate said...

VDT posted some nice current pics of the castle on his blog yesterday, and I have to agree, the older, more toned-down paint scheme looks better. The new paint reminds me of a giant Barbie™ and Ken™ Castle Collection™ Play Set.

At least the bling is gone.

210Frwy said...

I love these early views of DL. The little wire barriers, the green walkway lights, the young foliage. I wanna go back. Thanks for the insight Connie. Would love to get some more comments from cast members on what the rules were (are) for being "on stage".

Nancy said...

maybe that fella was feeding the swans! he is kinda looking over into the water there...

i always enjoy looking at the Castle :)

Chiana_Chat said...

Chicken wire! hehe Not everything was better then! Upgrade from Chicken Wire? + New paint scheme? ummm... overdone.