Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cruising the Jungle, May 1966

My Ouija board told me to post some Adventureland images today, so howsabout some Jungle Cruise stuff?

I think I spy no less than 11 soggy elephants in this picture... Walt and his boys didn't "cheap out" by just giving us 2 or 3 pachyderms at the Elephant Bathing Pool! I like the guy who appears to be either clambering up the bank (to the left, see?) or napping.


Yes, that's where I would want to sit too...


I love rhinos, they're the closest thing we have to a triceratops.

7 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

Hey that's a good point about Rhinos... those guys there with one surely take the point.

No chintzing at the elephant pool, no sir. They really pachydermed them in!

I tink they put the smiling elephant in that spot under the waterfall to keep us from wanting to hang out there and shock the guests.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

That smile on the waterfall elephant is priceless!

Katella Gate said...

I never thought of it that way, but yes, there are polydimentional pachyderms in plenty at the sacred bathing pool. And just to show his generosity, Walt throws in a surfeit of simeons, and a glut of gnus.

outsidetheberm said...

Good news Major, you can make that Rhino a Triceratops if you cross your eyes really hard! Go ahead, try it.

Nancy said...

haha! some good comedy here...

i never realized there were THIS many elephants before....

Anonymous said...

That last shot was our family favorite, something about getting the point in the end.

Does anyone have a script from the JC, that would have to be a riot to read.

Thanks for the great pics. Never stop!

JG

Anonymous said...

That's the best photo of the elephant taking a shower that I have even seen! Most photos have him lost in shadow or in mixed sunlight and shadow.