Wednesday, July 02, 2014

More Leftuggies

It's time to unload some more leftovers (my mom calls them "leftuggies", for those of you who have forgotten!). 

We'll start with this personal Viewmaster shot of a young lad aboard the Pirate Ship, with menacing Skull Rock nearby. Spooooky! I'm having nightmares about the skull biting the kid's head off. Don't judge me!


There's nothing too amazing about this picture of the entrance to the Casey Jones Jr. RR; although I have to admit that while I have noticed the nearby flowered sign for Storybook Land, I don't remember noticing the similar sign for Casey's RR, just visible here. It's probably been in many pictures and I just didn't pay attention to it.


And this murky photo was taken aboard the Columbia. A gallant crew member stands perched partway up the main mast to look for ice bergs and krakens and sea monkeys.


9 comments:

Nanook said...

Major-

You know, with the foreshortening of the first image, it looks as if the 'inhabitant' of Skull Rock could easily grab that child by extending, and then retracting its tongue. Yum-!

What a great shot.

Thanks, Major.

K. Martinez said...

The "Casey Jr. RR" floral sign is pretty much lost on most visitors since it's direct view is blocked by the station and loading area. Both The "Casey Jr. RR" and "Storybook Land" floral signs were better appreciated from above while riding the Skyway. Now those views are gone with the Skyway. Thank, Major.

Nancy said...

Skull Rock is so cool. It reminds me of a haunted cave, where maybe I would hear the wind blowing thru that sounds like spooky voices from the past! They should have used in in the movie "The Goonies" :-O

Chuck said...

Nanook - I had the exact same reaction. Skull Rock looks like it's drooling over its next meal, although perhaps it's a reaction to being able to smell the tuna and not quite reach it.

Melissa said...

Leftovers maybe, but hardly uggy! The little boy at Skull Rock perfectly captures a preschooler’s reaction to so much at Disneyland – he’s not sure whether to be excited or scared, and it may be his first experience at being both at the same time!

And the handsome sailor looks like something out of a guidebook or ad! It could be a still from a movie version of HMS Pinafore. Can you hear my wolf whistle over the Internet?

Melissa said...

"Come and play on Skull Rock with us."

Melissa said...

Last Known Photo

Major Pepperidge said...

Nanook, I never thought of Skull Rock as having inhabitants. Or a tongue!

K. Martinez, we'll just have to appreciate them for the little "lost" details that they are. The TRUE fans will know…

Nancy, part of me almost wishes that they had played spooky noises, but maybe that would have been too much.

Chuck, that's what I meant about the skull biting the kid's head off!

Melissa, I think he's just squinting a bit in the sunlight, and annoyed at having to pose for another one of dad's pictures. Did those little girls from The Shining have names? You are in a gruesome mood today!

Melissa said...

Their last name was Grady, but I don't think we ever knew their first names.