Monday, July 04, 2011

Tomorrowland, June 1960

Happy Fourth of July, folks! I hope none of you steps on a red-hot sparkler. Enjoy your wienie roasts, Twilight Zone marathons, and trips to the local park or high school to see fabulous fireworks. Maybe you're even going to Disneyland! I am celebrating by heating up my can of mini ravioli instead of eating them cold.


Here's a great photo of the TWA Rocket to the Moon. NASA's rockets were pretty cool, but come on, they had none of the style of the Moonliner. The did have Tang, however, which makes up for a lot. And those "Space Food Sticks". Mmmm, peanut butter flavor! Check out the greasers in the lower right; the lettering on the backs of their shirts reads "PRETENDERS - SOUTH SIDE". I hope they don't decide to start a rumble.


Here's a "ho hum" photo of one of the buildings in Tomorrowland. The only reason I posted it is because I like the sign that heralds the "Story of Aluminum". It's a scary story, with monsters and ghosts.


7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Major, I don't believe I've seen a "ho hum" photo on your blog yet! I really like that neon atom on the side of the building....I want it for my living room wall!

Hope you have a safe and happy Fourth, Major!

Connie Moreno said...

Wow, now I feel like I've really missed something...monsters and ghosts!

Neato pics, Major. Enjoy your ravioli!

Major Pepperidge said...

Thanks TM!, happy 4th to you too!

Connie, I know how much you like ghosts.

Chuck said...

I like to tell the Story of Aluminum to my Scouts late at night around the campfire. Scares the snot out of them...

SundayNight said...

I can see myself now. It’s 1960. My family wants to leave but I want to see the Story of Aluminum. I just love those world’s fair like exhibits. Always have. Great night time image with the neon atom.

Nancy said...

Happy Independence Day! Went to Magic Kingdom at WDW once on July 4, and they gave out little plastic American flag pins to everyone at the gate. its the little things that mean a lot. i still wear it on every patriotic holiday

beautiful image of the rocket. who wouldnt want to fly to the moon on it?

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Great Rocket Shot!

I would have commented on your post yesterday, but I was IN the Zone all day!