Sunday, August 03, 2008

Double Vision, 1965

For the second day in a row, you might feel that you are needing glasses (or if you already have them, a new prescription), but never fear! Your eye bones need no adjustment. Today's offering is a double (or triple?) exposure.

It looks like our photographer was on board the Disneyland Railroad, taking a nice photo of Tomorrowland (I believe that the overhang is Tomorrowland Station). You can see the Astro Jets, and part of the Autopia, and if you look carefully, the Skyway station is to the left.

But there are also Jungle Cruise boats with their striped awnings, and plenty of jungle foliage that doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. I'm not sure where that bright light is from!


(Major Pepperidge fully acknowledges that this post is LAME!)

7 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

FASCINATING PHOTO! Do you have any other double exposure shots like this? Personally, I would be very interested in seeing more.

It looks like one of the exposures was taken from behind glass. Could that glass be a window on the old enclosed train cars...and could that bright light be the reflection of light coming in from one of the windows on the opposite side of the car?

Oh and by the way, I really enjoyed yesterdays photos AND commentary. You NEVER disappoint! Let's see some more fuzzy frolics, please!

Anonymous said...

Whoa. Never thought to go there in that condition. =)

Thufer said...

major,
this is so interesting and instantly became my desktop photo. i agree with TokyoMagic!; if you have more, please post. i will be looking at this one for a while.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hey, I thought this was one of your April fools deals! It is interesting and not to lame at all! Maybe the camera guy did this on purpose? I used to try double exposures when I took photography in high school, but mine never came out this fun! Thanks!

Capt. Tomorrow said...

It's PhotoShop 1965 sytle.

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, I didn't expect much of a reaction to this one. Glad everyone seemed to like it! I do have a few other double-exposures (from other lots), including one with the Viewliner in it. Naturally I wouldn't be able to find them right if my life depended on it, but when I come across them again I'll remember to scan 'em!

Anonymous said...

Not lame. Really interesting. Fun to try and figure out the locations.

I doubt the photographer meant to do this. It was a symptom of forgetting to advance the film after taking the previous shot. You didn't know it until the slides came back from the developer. And then...#&*$#%!