Saturday, September 19, 2009

Two from Knott's

Today's photos are not extraordinary, I just like 'em.

You don't even get a very good look at Knott's here, but there's still something about this view that I enjoy. The crowd (and it IS pretty crowded) adds a lot of energy to this "ghost town". The lady with the bouffant spent an hour on her hair that morning, teasing it and yelling at it.


I wish I had a pool like that one! And what a nice setting, with all of the trees surrounding it. There aren't many people who remember the rare giant sea monkeys on display at Knott's. They ate bananas just like regular monkeys.

2 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

What a contrast - Ghost Town vs Main Street, especially when you consider that both were evoking a similar time era in America... albeit in rather different locations and conditions.

Pretty red-head alert on the left, seal pool pic. The seal is giving her a focused pleading stare and she is about to break the rules and throw it some of her roasted peanuts.

TokyoMagic! said...

Well, I've said it before but...I LOVE vintage Knott's pics! I remember feeding fish to the seals. I also remember going to Knott's for the first time after that hole was filled in and cemented over and being concerned about what had happened to them. :-(