Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Indians. Dancing. 1957

Sometimes collecting Disneyland slides can drive you crazy. I have a bunch from 1957, and they are generally pretty nice. But the photographer took six pictures of the Indian dancers in Frontierland, while only snapping ONE measly photo in Tomorrowland.

Anyway, I figured I might as well post them all of those dancing Indians at once and get them out of my system. I'm not saying they lack charm; I just have too darn many photos of this Disneyland attraction. I can't even think of what else to say about them! So without further ado:






Did the two young women with the same striped shirts and black skirts know each other?






Here endeth this installment!

2 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

The two women in the same striped shirts did NOT know it each and they are both very upset that they were copied. For the record I'm thinking the lady on the right wears it better...

I guess in the 1950's with cowboys & Indians all the rage it made sense to go photo heavy with these realistic shows, I find it more fun to "people watch" than see the actual (same) performers.

Thanks for the Post!

Katella Gate said...

Well Major, thanks... cause I always look at the Indian Village. I was never a people person even as a kid (can you tell?), and hardly remember the Village at all.

Does anybody have a write-up of what the show consisted of? or a schedule of performance times?