Friday, January 26, 2007

Yet More Knott's Berry Farm, June 1958

Sorry about the late post, Blogger wouldn't let me update for some reason. Today is the final day of my star-studded salute to Knott's Berry Farm. We'll return to Disneyland tomorrow!

This is one of the stranger vintage Knott's images I've ever seen! This nicely-dressed couple has decided to get a little fresh air, and brought along their baby doll in a peramulator. This reminds me of the stuffed granny that used to sit on a porch at Disneyland.

I couldn't find any information at all about this couple posing in front of a tepee. I have a postcard of a Native American couple named Blue Eagle and Sunbeam, but they were definitely different people.

4 comments:

Merlinsguy said...

I can't thank you enough for these great Knotts posts. I'm all eyes if you ever do it again.

Anonymous said...

Where's the Haunted shack?

Great stuff

Major Pepperidge said...

Thanks, merlinsguy! I will try to post more someday.

Anonymous, I only have a couple of not-so-great exteriors of the Haunted Shack. Believe me, I wish I had better examples, since I have many fond memories of it. The "Mystery Spot" in Santa Cruz brought back some Haunted Shack nostalgia!

Anonymous said...

All,

I've only recently discovered the Blog. It's amazing. I love all the old pictures, especially of Knott's. I'm the webmaster of Bear-ytales.net, a website I used to auther a number of years ago, and have recently brought back from the cyber-grave. It was the first all-Knott's fan site and has current pictures as well as a slowly growing collection of vintage pictures.

I have a page about the Haunted Shack, with pictures taken right before it closed. The exterior shots aren't the best (I didn't know it was closing until Haunt of that year), but I do have interior pictures that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Keep up the good work!
-Bob

www.bear-ytales.net