Monday, January 15, 2007

The Tomorrowland Spaceman

The Tomorrowland Spaceman waves a friendly "hello" to us in this undated photo. I love his classic sci-fi spacesuit (much like those seen in many a B-movie), silver lamé with padded rolls and some sort of communications device on his belt, not to mention the clear bubble helmet with the antenna. In some photos (earlier ones, I presume), the spaceman has a Kaiser Aluminum logo on his costume. Here's a rare Viewmaster view (which I showed you last September) that gives us a nice look at this version:

Pretty snazzy! As Tomorrowland evolved, the spaceman became outdated, and eventually he returned to his home planet with the Spacegirl. Don't worry, they were married, it's all on the "up and up"!

4 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

I remember when the gallery had one of the space man costumes on display. I always thought the space couple made a nice addition to Tomorrowland.

Chris Merritt said...

Unfortunately, that gallery costume was fake! Made for the gallery - I'm not sure any of the real ones survived. It's still sitting outside Tony Baxters office...

Anonymous said...

Love your photos. Can you direct me to information regarding how to scan slides?

Major Pepperidge said...

debbie v., if you'll give me your email address, I will be happy to answer any questions you have if I can.