Monday, January 29, 2007

Mine Train, October 1962


Here are two nice photos of the Mine Train in Rainbow Ridge! In the picture above, the train is returning from its journey through Nature's Wonderland. Behind it is the Mineral Hall, full of flourescent minerals.



And in this view we see a newly loaded train as it departs. I love the details in front of the general store and the El Dorado hotel. To the left you can see folks riding their Pack Mules...the more I see of this attraction, the more I wish I had taken the opportunity to see Nature's Wonderland using this slower means of transportation - you could really take in the scenery!


I provided this closeup because I had never known that the pack mules actually passed above the tunnel leading to Nature's Wonderland. If you look closely you can see folks up there!

5 comments:

Daveland said...

A corny ride, but I sure do miss it. At least Rainbow Ridge is still there (to some extent). Thanks for the great photos today!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Wow Major- some very nice photos. Not too many people took photos as the train returned and what a great view of Mineral Hall.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for much for the photos of this little "town" behind the mule ride and mine train. This was my favorite place.

Anonymous said...

I've always loved Rainbow Ridge. I never noticed the baby blue high chair in front of the general store before. It seems slightly out of place, if that's what it really is.

Anonymous said...

And I loved operating that ride!