Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Disneyland Band, Main Street


I think Main Street USA could be improved with some rock music instead of that corny old fashioned stuff. And put in a moving sidewalk so that I don't have to actually walk (and while they are at it, why can't they add a loop?) ;-)

But even I have to admit that this great vintage view is still pretty neat. The Disneyland Band is marching bravely down an uncrowded Main Street in their nice blue uniforms. I only recall seeing them in red or white (or a combination of the two). Maybe they spilled mustard on the blue ones, that stuff never comes out.

Do the guys in the Disneyland Band get babes?

4 comments:

melissac. said...

Thank you for checking out my blog. I will be sure to add yours to my linklist. Disneyland, especially old, original Tomorrowland, is an important part of Googie history. :)

Matterhorn1959 said...

Where are all the people? Quick lets get all the internet Disney websites (esp. Jim Hill Media) to do an in depth investigation on how Disneyland was able to survive with limited attendance!!;-)

Great shot by the way. I think in the beginnning the band had three uniforms the red, white and blue. Maybe a manager decided the blue looked too military for the theme park and just said either white or red!

Major Pepperidge said...

Somehow Disneyland could survive (and thrive) with admission as cheap as it was back then!! My guess is that merchandise and food were huge sources of income.

I like Jim Hill Media, but sometimes think that he likes to concentrate on the negative. Probably just makes for a more sensational story!

Amazon Belle said...

I don't think I have ever seen the blue uniforms before. Looks like a slow winter day in So. Cal.

Just got back from the Park and stopped for one of my favorite souvenirs... a hand cut silhouette done right there in minutes on good ol’ Main Street U.S.A.!