Friday, August 11, 2006

Clock of the World, 1958


Here is a nice shot of the Clock of the World. I think the man in the white shirt (Fred Mertz?) is trying to figure out how the darn thing works. Is that a piece of litter in the foreground? I was tempted to photoshop it out because I was so ashamed.

There is some construction going on to the right, you can just see some framing. Could it be for the Monsanto House of the Future or the surrounding gardens? I do believe that this slide is from 1957 or 1958. It would be great to find a real construction photo of the plastic house of the future.

Sorry about the very late post, everybody. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Great image Major! And an unusual perspective...usually the clock is seen from the front of Tomorrowland with the Rocket ship in the background. I like this view and the background attraction posters.