Monday, November 26, 2012

Matterhorn, August 1963

Yeah, yeah, it's the Matterhorn again. I asked my super computer "Beatrix" to calculate the number of photos that have been taken of this attraction over the years, using a complex set of algorithms, but even Beatrix's mighty brain couldn't handle a problem of that magnitude. Now she belches the alphabet all day long (with a charming British accent). But I digress! Our photographer timed it perfectly and got a nice photo with the waterfalls and the little bridge and a single bobsled speeding past as a family walk by obliviously. I wonder what it would look like if we glanced upward?


Oh, like that. Cool! Thanks, interwebs! 


7 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

Ex-Navy man Daddy isn't oblivious; he's wishing he were up there bobbing on a sled through the Mighty Matterhorn instead of being grounded and going home early with his children, Lil' Miss Knowitall and Fred Gwynne III and their mother who knows it's about time for their naps. She's also having a sudden inspiration of how to do the planters outside the kitchen window in pseudo alpine flowers...

Rich T. said...

Major, I never, ever tire of single-bobsled Matterhorn photos!

Chiana, I'm just...in awe! :)

K. Martinez said...

Matterhorn pix are always nice to see.

I think that's the most perfect shot I've seen of the bridge (pre-guide rails). It could easily be a nickel postcard.

The Matterhorn view with the lamppost and U.S. flag is nice too!

JG said...

Simply wonderful, Major. Post every matterhorn pic you can find.

I have always loved that bridge. I think its gone now, turned to rock, I believe.

JG

...But It Wasn't Always That Way! said...

Sending my well-wishes to Beatrix. May she feel super again soon.

Major Pepperidge said...

Chiana, I forgot to mention the dad's bitchin' tattoo! Maybe he fought in Korea. "Fred Gwynne III", ha ha!

Rich T., I admit that I do tire of the Matterhorn sometimes, although today's pictures are pretty nice if I do say so myself.

K. Martinez, I especially love that there is a bobsled crossing the little bridge!

JG, don't worry, you won't have long to wait between Matterhorn views!

…But It Wasn't Always That Way!, I poured a can of chicken soup into the computer, and Beatrix is feeling much better.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't Beatrix prefer Alphabet Soup to cure the belching???

Bill in Denver