Sunday, May 07, 2017

Along the River, 1957

Today's photos aren't the most exciting things ever, but they are still bright, colorful beauties from 1957. 

First up is Chief Wavy (on his trusty pinto), in a slightly different position than we are used to these days. He's closer to the water, and quite out in the open. I wonder why so much of the surrounding land is devoid of plants? It looks like a small housing development is about to spring up. "If you lived here you'd be home already!".


Look! Over there! This is our lucky day - it is not often that one gets to see the rare "Berm Elk" in its natural habitat. One distinctive characteristic is their ability to stand absolutely still for long stretches of time.


8 comments:

K. Martinez said...

Major, you would've made a great Keelboat pilot.

Nanook said...

Major-

I've heard of 'Elk on the Berm', but 'Berm Elk' - well, that's a new one on me-! I second Ken's thought.

Thanks, Major.

Scott Lane said...

"Berm Elk in its natural habitat". Pure gold, that one.

Chuck said...

I think they had a Bermese python over on the Jungle Cruise.

TokyoMagic! said...

I bet these days, Chief Wavy is living in a backstage warehouse....and brushing up on the art of wavin' a light saber.

Anonymous said...

"berm me up" Major.

Whoops, wrong franchise...

JG

Major Pepperidge said...

K. Martinez, I’m sure I can fly a Keelboat with the best of them!

Nanook, Berm Elk were hunted almost to extinction, because they always had passenger pigeons roosting on their antlers.

Scott Lane, aw gee!

Chuck, did the Burmese python need a shave?

TokyoMagic!, I prefer your theory to thinking that the Chief is taking a permanent vacation.

JG, soon Disney will own all franchises.

Nanook said...

@ JG-

"berm me up". Brilliant-!