Sunday, May 02, 2010

Main Street, April 1966

It's time to give up a little love for Main Street USA!

OK, technically we aren't there yet, having only just walked through the turnstyles, but that is Main Street Station after all.


The street is busy but not too busy; a little bit of a crowd adds a pleasant energy to the place. I don't have much to say about this photo, except that I like it!


A bit later in the day (4:20 to be precise - thanks Timex clock!), the shadows have gotten longer but the crowds haven't abated at all. Then again, there are a lot of people who appear to be headed for the exits. Why would they leave so early, I want to know! You can see at least one cast member, a woman in a long skirt, speaking to another woman in the street. Not sure if she is also a cast member!

8 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

I don't have much to say about them either except that I like them too! It looks plenty busy to me. A nice "drop in" on Main St. one day in 1966. :)

The Viewliner Limited said...

The main street picture, with streetcar and bus is awesome. Just as I remember it. This is a real Main Street. Great pics Major. Much appreciated.

Katella Gate said...

Why would crowds be leaving Disneyland at 4:20? Because the Skyway is full and nobody's getting off for some wacky reason.

Don't worry, they're actually going to get their hand stamped, be back in 30 minutes, and stampede the Candy Palace. Happens like clockwork.

Katella Gate said...

One of these days, when I have a few weeks of my life to waste, I'd really like to do a pictorial history of that floral mystery, Mickey Mouse, and how the plantings changed over the years.

Nancy said...

one of my favorite places, Main Street at the Magic Kindgom...what a beautiful day, love the crowded streets (and probably the shops)

i still laugh when i see a picture like this with no one walking in the street

i have never ridden one of the Main Street vehicles...i need to do that next time we visit

Chris Mercaldo said...

Interesting how back then the majority of people remained off the streets and on the sidewalks and curbs, treating Main Street like a real street

Connie Moreno said...

Let's see, back then there was no year-round school, Easter break happened practically the same week for all schools and Disneyland probably didn't stay open late during the week so...this may have been a Tuesday afternoon a couple of weeks before Spring Break!

Anonymous said...

I like that the photo was taken looking back toward the Main Street Station - most are towards the castle. I think I smell some jasmine...