Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Four More From April 1966

By golly, this lot of slides from April 1966 just never seems to end. And there are a lot more to come! So I figured that I'd post a few of the less-spectacular images today even though they are still worth a look.

Here's a general view of Fantasyland from as seen from the Pirate Ship, on a busy (but not too busy) day. I like the little ticket booth!


Presumably this view is from taken from an upper deck of the Mark Twain. From this vantage point, we can spy on the raft pilots and record all of their most confidential rafting secrets, which we will then sell to the Russians.


Here's a beautiful shot of Skull Rock. When I win the lottery, the shower in my master bathroom is going to look just like this.


And finally, we wave goodbye to the passengers on the Mark Twain as it heads around the bend past the Haunted Mansion.

9 comments:

Chiana_Chat said...

Very nice! Could be the best Skull Rock I've seen! Your master bathroom?! lol I'll house sit, keep me in mind...

Top pic detail, that planter looks really good, sure beats what they started with.

2nd pic - ...straw hat and shined formal black shoes?

3rd - my gosh what a setup. Fantasytastic.

4th - An officer and his g/f, both in the service and on vacation together? Sweet. And so is the superb landscape of this whole scene.

Overcast or not, very nice IMH.

Anonymous said...

If you consider these images to be "less-spectacular," then (a) we have some wonderful photos to look forward to in the near future, or (b) you are mad as a hatter!

Thufer said...

What Chiana_Chat said... that just may be the best skull rock picture I have ever seen or at least the best in some time. The back end of the Mark Twain isn't to bad either.
'Skull Rock' bathroom.(?) The mind staggers at the thought of the rest of your house.
Question about the top picture in Fantasy Land. All the way to the right, behind the ticket booth is a sign referencing Pacos Bill; In Fantasy Land? Any idea what that is about?
Really good post!

Connie Moreno said...

I agree with Thufer...that IS the best Skull Rock photo I have EVER seen and it has always been my plan to turn my backyard into that Skull Rock Lagoon if I ever win the lottery!

Connie Moreno said...

P.S. In Fantasyland, didn't they have a little theater? I vaguely remember that we would go in there to escape the heat. Maybe they had a stage show at some time?

Major Pepperidge said...

Chiana, we are almost done with the overcast photos from this lot...

Yes Connie, there was the Fantasyland Theater, and it had a sign outside letting folks know that it was "air conditioned"!

And Thufer, the Pecos Bill sign is part of the Fantasyland Theater marquee.

I think that you'll be seeing a better Skull Rock picture in about three weeks...

Anonymous said...

What everybody said!

These are great Major!

Let me know when you are ready to start the remodel, I'll handle the design work gratis just to have a Skull Rock Shower in the portfolio.

JG

emenerh

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

That ticket booth in Pic#1 is still at the park, its been moved up near Small world and it sells film, batteries and flash memory, but its still there (link). All great images, thanks!

Nancy said...

oh yes, i wholeheartedly agree...

ticket booth heaven

a fabulous view of Skull Rock

i wish i was on the Mark Twain as it heads around the bend past the Haunted Mansion...

great photos today! ;-)