Thursday, April 01, 2010

Along the River, April 1966

Boy oh boy, I sure seem to have a lot of photos showing Frontierland and its most prominent feature, THE RIVER. Perhaps you've noticed it!

I wonder if the original Columbia (the one that sailed 'round the globe) was as colorful as this one? That "wedgewood blue" is kind of surprising. Maybe it was even more colorful, with hot pinks and ultra-purples, and a hint of day-glo orange here and there. Just like my car!


There's the dead settler. Maybe he'd still be alive if he hadn't worn that red shirt; it is pretty hard to resist (and Star Trek fans all know that red shirts are bad luck). I'll be curious to see what changes are being made to this scene, but my guess is that they will ignore my suggestion of returning the settler, only instead of an immobile corpse, he could be a writhing, screaming animatronic. I've got ideas.


And finally, here's a nice general shot of Frontierland's riverfront. How many times a day did the Disneyland Band play on the bow of the Mark Twain? Pretty often judging by the number of photos I've seen. There are plenty of benches for relaxing and taking in the scenery.

15 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

You are too funny, Major. My favorite is the mini-Walt grabbing his rear end!

Happy April 1st to ya!

Anonymous said...

omg that was great, nice work Major!

MIKE COZART said...

I think Walt looks good with long hair and capri slacks.

Chiana_Chat said...

ROTFLMAO forget Waldo, it's Find Walt-o.

Plus, the other two are super shots and too funny about the red shirt. Great post :D

Donnie said...

Walt sure did get around the park...

Thufer said...

Often times I have wondered what it would have been like to stroll the park with Walt. Just think what that would have been like.
Amazing set of pictures.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Blue pants, white shoes, popcorn eating Walt is my favorite!!! I've been silently hoping all week that you'd do one of these Major - Its AWESOME - Thanks!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Walt and the stroller. I hope Daveland does not notice that as he may be have mental scarring due to the image!

Major Pepperidge said...

I have no idea what any of you are talking about!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Wow! A whole family together at Disneyland. Amazing how much they look alike. Hey guys wait for Grandma by the tree on the right, she is falling behind.

outsidetheberm said...

Just a perfect way to end the day today. What a great laugh.

Thanks so much!

SundayNight said...

Scary.

Anonymous said...

That's a riot. thanks!

JG

Nancy said...

awesome!!

Unknown said...

I dig how snazzy everyone used to dress!! I wish society cared half as much about their appearance as they did back then.