Saturday, March 21, 2009

Four Rejects From July 14 1964!

Today's images are not from the "A" list or even the "B" list. Instead, they are from the dreaded "Z" list. But maybe, just maybe, they will bring joy to at least one person in the world.

Hey, there's a house up in that tree! I can just make out a Swiss flag, that could be a useful clue.


I enjoy photos of dead guys as much as the next fella. Like this tiny person wrapped in blue ceremonial bandages and set out to dry until he is people jerky. Walter Knott might have had him sit up and then lay down again, which would have been interesting.


Here's a somewhat blurry, rather nondescript photo of the Living Desert. Snore!


I promise you that there are dusty old bears in this picture, hiding in the shadows as dusty old bears are wont to do. You'll just have to take my word for it though, because they are invisible here.


Did these pictures make anybody happy? Maybe a prison convict??

11 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

These pics made me happy, Major!
I can see the invisible bears. There is even a little bear cub in the upper right corner of the photo climbing a tree trying to get to that bee hive. Oh, and I got the Walter Knott reference!

Do you have followers that are in prison?

Anonymous said...

Any pictures of outside make me happy.

Anonymous said...

They made me smile too.

People jerky?! Too funny. hehe!

Sometimes an "off" shot makes for real nice "you are there-ness." There's enough of that here to make it worthwhile for me. :)

Dust them bears, now.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Your "Z List" aint bad, in fact, I enjoyed them. The blurry one made me feel right at home, blursville just like 1/2 the shots I take!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy these photos, and always dig seeing our dead blue friend. Hooray for the Knott's reference too...the dead outlaw there is one of my favorite things, still. Invisible bears for the win.

Anonymous said...

Seeing the Train Through Nature’s Wonderland pics made me remember some neat videos I recently saw. You have got to see these. A guy is building a model of the ride and has posted videos of the construction. The best is this one of Rainbow Caverns (time lapse) and this test of the balancing rocks.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed them! I'm building Nature's Wonderland in Rollercoaster tycoon 3, so offbeat shots help a lot!

To the previous poster: yeah, that guy is doing incredible stuff. If I'm not confusing him with somebody else he's got a haunted mansion under that table where movements and lights and everything are operated by those same giant gears.

Katella Gate said...

Wow, I haven't thought about the dead blue Indian on the stick bed in decades! Thanks for resuscitating a derelict memory!

Katella Gate said...

210Frwy: Thanks for posing those videos of the model "Nature's Wonderland"... I went back to UTube and found a few more video posts of the same project. Well worth the time to look at them all.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever had people jerky? Tastes a lot like chicken. But seriously, really enjoyed the indian village image and 210Frwy's posting for his videos.

Nancy said...

these were fun, remind me of the photos i get back after vacation and wonder what the heck was THAT a picture of! : D