Saturday, December 08, 2007

Tomorrowland, July 1964

Take a gander at these two fun Tomorrowland photos from 1964! If it wasn't for the Skyway, Tomorrowland images would be even scarcer than they are now, and that's saying something.

It's true, we've seen lots of similar pictures before...I can hardly believe that I am so blasé about these. There's the Astro Jets and the Douglas Rocket, what's not to love?


1964 Tomorrowland would be a good place to visit with my almost-completed time machine. You heard me right, a real time machine. I only need 3 pounds of einsteinium to get it running, if you have any extra please send it to me!

6 comments:

spajadigit said...

These are great. I especially like the one of the rocket- Wow. I also like the quasi-futuristic sun screen devices there- square was the round of tomorrow!

The Viewliner Limited said...

You have truly out done yourself here Major. This is my Disneyland. If these pictures were taken on a Friday or Saturday, later in the evening at the Space Bar the "Mustangs" will be performing and maybe with guest organist, Billy Preston. These are the greatest. Thanks.

Jason Schultz said...

For whatever reason, I'd never noticed before just how much of the blue and silver was in the original Tomorrowland. Notice how the Monorail poster perfectly captures the color palette with the Astro-Jets!

jedblau said...

AND, an attraction poster display!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

STUNNING!!! I love the colors, these are so warm and inviting, I want to just walk right into them! Thanks!

Major Pepperidge said...

Aw, gee! Thanks everybody, I am glad you liked the photos...I figured that everyone has seen so many pictures like these by now that nobody would appreciate them that much.

Shows you what I know!